Hygge Into Your Home
Life can get busy and downright hectic at times, especially during the Holiday Season. It’s easy to see how we can get overwhelmed with our work and social schedules. That’s why we all need a little hygge in our lives.
So what actually is hygge? Pronounced “HOO-gah,” hygge, A Danish word, has been called everything from “the art of creating intimacy” and “coziness of the soul” to “cocoa by candlelight” according to Meik Wiking, Danish happiness expert and author of The Little Book of Hygge. Wiking says that the true essence of hygge is the pursuit of everyday happiness; it’s the art of making the ordinary extraordinary.
Here are some of the key ingredients of hygge:
Hygge is all about feeling safe and secure. Ultimately, you know it when you feel it. It can be as simple as cuddling up with a loved one on the sofa or sharing comfort food with your closest friends.
You may say that all this sounds great but how do I incorporate it into my life? Here are 10 ways to hygge your home this winter:
1. Enjoy quiet time by candlelight
2. Add a weighted chunky knit blanket to your mix
3. Read that book you’ve been waiting to dive into
4. Double your recipe and deliver dinner to a neighbor
5. Grab that board game and plan a game night each week
6. Plan a Netflix and Chili night
7. Bring a bit of outdoors in
8. Make a pot of old fashioned cocoa
9. Listen to your favorite podcast
10. Curl up with your favorite glass of wine (make it hot spiced wine)
Discover San Francisco Luxury Apartments @ NEMA
NEMA’s four apartment building towers and three landscaped terraces offer an amazing array of views overlooking San Francisco’s urban landscape and natural setting. Landmarks in the surrounding skyline include the iconic skyscrapers of the San Francisco Financial District, the dome of City Hall, Golden Gate Bridge, Russian Hill, Bernal Heights, Twin Peaks, and San Francisco Bay. Get social with us and follow our story on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Instagram. Use #liveNEMA to share with our team.